DesignBuilder has been developed using a Windows-specific software development system and there is no immediate prospect of the software running natively under the Mac operating system.
However the latest Mac computers do support 2 alternative approaches to running Windows software:
- Boot Camp where Intel-based Mac computers can be booted using either the Mac or Windows operating systems. This is the recommended approach to use if possible as it runs faster and more reliably than...
- Virtual machines such as Parallels. You can find more about users experience with these systems on a forum post: compatibility with mac computer
The full spec of a known good Mac-based DesignBuilder system is:
- Machine spec: 2.4GHz Intel Core 2 Duo with 4GB Ram (2GB allocated to Fusion). GeForce 8600M GT graphics card with 256MB VRAM
- Mac running VMware Fusion V 1.1.3.
- Virtual machine running DesignBuilder on Windows 7.
See also Which operating systems does DesignBuilder support?
Last revision 28.02.2017